Monday, February 20, 2012

Progress

I don't have much to say about internecine wranglings in the Labour Party, other than to say I sincerely hope (for the good of the country) that whichever side Hopi Sen is on loses (I am always reaffirmed in my loathing for the Labour Party by the way they treat those - Sen, Tom Harris, Peter Watt etc - who appear sane and reasonable). But, in a report into Progress up on the Left Futures site, there is a line of simply glorious, Soviet 'he who controls the past, controls the future' revisionism that I thought it deserved repeating:

The only known member of the Advisory Board is former Minister and anti-Brownite plotter Alan Milburn.

I can think of a few defining characteristics of Alan Milburn but, given what happened during the election campaign of 2005, I'm not sure 'anti-Brownite plotter' would be one of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous farmland investing said...

With reports like that, we can count on 10 more years of Tory rule!

7:30 pm  
Blogger Tim J said...

It's Conquest's Third Law of Politics isn't it?

"The simplest way to explain the behaviour of any bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is controlled by a cabal of its enemies"

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home